It’s a GAME OF TIME; AND PRACTICE will only HELP!!!!
As you all are aware that exam pattern of SBI PO has been changed from this year. In upcoming SBI PO exam, there will be 3 tiers.
I Tier: Prelims exam of 100 marks – Only Objective (Tentative date of exam is in June 2015)
II Tier: Main exam (objective and subjective- both of 200 marks)
III Tier: GD & PI
In this article, we will mainly focus on prelim exam (Tier I)
|SUBJECTS||No. of questions||Total questions||Total marks||Total time|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||100||100||60 minutes|
So from the above table it is very clear that this exam is gonna the GAME OF TIME. Students those who are good at concepts, have command on fast calculations and practice daily, will win the race.
Here are some useful guidelines to crack the exam–
- START PREPARING FROM TODAY:– Do not wait for tomorrow if you have decided to attempt the exam. Delay will never help you anyway.
- MAKE A SCHEDULE: – you have almost one month left for the final exam so make a disciplined schedule of your preparation day wise/ week wise. (Example: Monday – Profit & loss + Coding –decoding+ English Grammar questions and so on….)Try to complete your syllabus till 1st week of June So that you will have sufficient time for revision of important topics at the end.
- JOIN ANY CLASS OR TUTOR: – It helps you to guide the important topics and pattern of the questions that can be asked in the different exams. You are also become more punctual and regular in flow of study. But of you can do prepare yourself, ignore the 3rd
- STICKNESS TO THE PLAN:– Try to stick to the plan. It will definitely help you to complete your syllabus in time and also build your confidence. In 1 day, at least 10 hours study is recommended for SBI PO exam, if you have not started your practice yet.
- TEST YOURSELF:-This is the biggest challenge for your selection or rejection. Most of the students have fear to test themselves. But always remember “Life is an experiment. If you do not test, you cannot find the right result for you”. So allow you to test your mind. It helps you to know your progress in learning and real performance. Also you can decide on which topic you should give more importance and vice versa. At least 1 test in 1 week must be attempted. Try to give mock test or the same pattern test you are going to attempt in final SBI exam.
- LEARN FROM MISTAKES: –This is another challenge for students. If you score more than 80 mark out of 100 then Congo!! You are near to select. But if you score less than 50 then it’s time to think. There may be several reasons of less scoring
- Do not know how to solve it ( Then practice)
- More negatives ( More attempts are not always good if you tick the option just the sake for ticking)
- Silly mistake in calculation, ticking the wrong options etc ( start to practice)
- Know almost 70% paper but could not attempt the all sections in 1 hour ( BIGGEST PROBLEM – Time Management Deficiency)
So analyze your performance after each test, write your weaknesses, and attempt next paper with improvements.
TIME MANAGEMENT: – As I have mentioned earlier that THIS IS THE GAME OF TIME. And PRACTICE will only help. So from today only, speed up your study style, your mental calculation, your English reading, your Question understating ………
Divide 1 hour (60 minutes) in 3 sections and attempt Mock tests. It will help you to become comfortable and also familiar with the time management during the final exam.
The formula for success is simple: Practice and concentration, and then more practice and more concentration. !!